When at home, we have a feeling of tranquility. That is because it is easier to be happy at home. After a long day, you can kick off those shoes, have a long bath while enjoying your favorite wine, and lounge in the living room. Simple things like that can definitely make us feel better. Using the psychology of interior design, you can start making a comfortable home to live in. In fact, even your furniture and how it’s designed can greatly improve your mood.
Furniture Color And Your Mood
If you look at furniture design tips that impove your mood, color is one of the most important factors to consider. Colors play a very important role in whatever we do. We see it every day in our homes which is why choosing furniture colors should be done with great caution because it does not only complete the entire look of your house, but it also has a huge effect on our mood and emotions – from being happy, relaxed, sad, peaceful, angry, or anxious.
- This color represents peacefulness and calmness. It can alter your mood effectively which is good for your health. The color blue can help slow down your blood pressure, respiration, and heart rates. This color can help encourage you to be more creative too.
- This color stands for abundance. It is the symbol of earth, soil, and trees. When you add a brown sofa in your home, it can create a sense of contentment, warmth, and a friendly atmosphere. It creates a positive feeling of kindness and classiness.
- This represents nature and a brand new life. The color green has a relaxing effect and is believed to help enhance your sight because of its coolness. It also brings harmony, peace, and all the good feelings according to a Fengh Shui expert. It brings good fortune and blessings like a baby in the family.
- This is the color that can bring harmony in the family. You can use warm orange hues as your accents. Orange creates a mood that is more energizing, more glowing, exciting, and fast-paced environment.
- This color stands for strong emotions and passion. But you have to be careful when placing a red furniture in a bedroom because it has a tendency to create tension between couples. This can result to arguments. However, red furniture is good in the office becaue it represents willpower and power.
- This is the color that represents peace and purity. In fact, it can be easily mixed with any colors and decors. White can create an illusion of spaciousness especially when used as an accent color. The color white also brings openness and clarity. According to Feng Shui, white is synonymous to fertility.
- Representing sunshine, this color brings happiness and liveliness in the home. It can lift up your disposition and increase your attentiveness. Yellow can also help with increase your metabolism. This color can bring more positive emotions like peacefulness, calmness, mellow, and joy.
If you are planning to pick a frniture to add to your home, take note of its color and find out what it means with the list above. Now, you are ready to create a peaceful and warm ambience in your lovely home.
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.