For grown children working full-time jobs, raising families, and caring for aging parents, schedule flexibility is everything. Most adult day care centers offer full-day and short day programs that allow seniors to be active when it works best for them. This gives seniors an increased sense of independence, helping them feel more confident.
As your loved one’s dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, or other memory illness progresses, their care needs will become more specialized. Moving from home into a nursing facility can be a shocking and stressful event for seniors, especially those with dementia who prefer familiar surroundings. Utilizing an adult day care facility while your loved one is still lucid creates a transition phase from home to a full-time dementia care facility.
Adult day care programs can assist family members in finding the right resident care facility when the time comes. Until then, the benefits of day care for you and your senior loved one are too great to be ignored. Consider working these services into your mom or dad’s dementia care plan for a better quality of life for you both.
Generally, a care recipient can benefit from adult day care because:
- It allows him or her to stay in his or her community while the caregiver goes to work
- It gives him or her a break from the caregiver
- It provides needed social interaction
- It provides greater structure to his or her daily activities
Adult day care facilities can provide a variety of services and activities, including:
- Assistance with eating, taking medicines, toileting, and walking
- Educational programs or mental stimulation
- Exercise programs
- Health monitoring as like blood pressure, food or liquid intake
- Podiatry care
- Preparation of meals and snacks
- Social activities
- Therapy for occupational, physical, speech, etc
- Transportation services
Normally, adult day care is used to relieve the caregiver or his or her duties for the day while ensuring that the care recipient will still receive the proper care in a safe, friendly environment.
. Many of these facilities are affiliated with other organizations, including home care agencies, skilled nursing facilities, medical centers, or other senior service providers. These are familiar adult care services massachusetts which takes care of adults in a better way. They make cleanly and friendly environment in order make the people comfortable living at home.