Being able to care for your teeth is probably one of the most attractive habits. And having no tooth decay (cavities) or gum disease makes one very confident when smiling at people, and even in front of the mirror. As it is known, cavities and gum problems can lead to pain and tooth loss.
It is possible to prevent cavities and gum problems by following the steps below:
- 2-3 times a day of brushing your teeth with fluoride toothpaste is the most basic step that everyone should be able to do
- Floss between your teeth every day when you can
- A regular visit to the dentist for checkup and cleaning
- Lessen the sugary food and drinks
- Avoid smoking or chewing tobacco
- Drink moderate alcohol if you ever do so
Tooth decay and gum disease, what causes them?
The sticky substance that forms on your teeth is called plaque. When there is a plaque on your teeth and it stays for too long, this can lead to the decaying of tooth and the disease of gums. To keep your mouth healthy, brushing and flossing can help get the plaque off.
If you are to tick off any of the following, taking care of your teeth and gums is most especially important:
- Cancer patient
- An older adult
Here are some tips on how to brush your teeth:
Brush at least 2-3 times every day. A toothbrush with soft bristles and toothpaste with fluoride is best to use. Helping the teeth decay is a mineral that is fluoride.
- Brish in a circular motion and use short, back-and-forth strokes
- Take your time when and brush gently along the gum line
- Take your time brushing your teeth, allot 2 minutes
- Make sure to brush your tongue
- Replace your toothbrush as soon as possible when it is wearing out; get a new toothbrush every 3-4 months
Here are some tips on how to floss your teeth:
- Make sure to floss every day to be able to take out the plaque and foods that are between your teeth that your toothbrush has had missed. Then rinse your mouth using water after you floss.
- Ask the dentist or dental assistant to demonstrate how to floss if you are unsure of how to do it.
Specialists in dental care hemet are there for you to be able to keep your teeth clean and healthy. Best to see them whenever you can. Happy teeth make a happy you!